"Dark Soul" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote on 04/09/02 4:32:36:

>I just received my order from Leonardo Padial:
>
>LPE-4M-V1 and LPE-FLASHG-V2
>
>LPE-4M-V1 works fine, Solid Snake detected all 4096kb of mapper memory.
>
>Now how do I use LPE-FLASHG-V2?
>Is there any special program?
>
>Saeba, if you read this, please help me! I know you use one of those flash carts.

Yes, I do ;)

Let me see where the page with the program is...

http://msxland.com/legacy/flashrom/index.htm2

What will you find there? Almost all Konami ROM files with ASCII mapper (you need
them, since flashrom implements
ASCII mappers (it is much better IMHO, most of megaroms use ASCII mapper)). You will
find some tape games like Head
over Heels which use R800 if you use turboR (no more speeds down during the game) and
other patched roms.

Solid Snake is patched for working in R800 loading with Kana key pressed. It will find
the SCC in the next slot (I dunno if
it works with subslots) and has something more that I don't remember ;)

Oh ok, Penguin Wars II and RType there can use the internal FM too.

I forget the most important... (I think that the info should come with the cart, but
if it is not...):

The program to use is FL.COM
For storing the game from ROM to the flash, you have to put the flash cart in 16K (the
program saves in 16K blocks, that
is the reason), put the SLOT in ON, the switch R/W in Write position and the SLOT/IO
in Slot. (And remember that the
switchs work in inverse mode to the name written in the PCB).
If you need more info, write me in [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Sorry to everybody for my long email ;)))))

Best regards,

Saeba