JP Grobler wrote:
> How usefull is a 7mHz circuit?

Well, DOS2 becomes a lot more faster, and so does Compass, it assembles
twice as fast, very convenient. Software like Meridian will probably also
like the extra speed. It's also useful for testing if timing-sensitive stuff
like screensplits works correctly on different CPU speeds.

One thing I know for sure is that I can't imagine having an MSX without it
anymore :).

However if you only play games, it is not so useful. Or well, er... You can
make Metal Gear 2 or SD Snatcher go faster if you're getting a bit ticked
off by their slowness (though the music will sound like crap so I never do
this for a long time), and you can cheat in Eggbert. Oh, and in Elite, when
you're in a big dogfight, the extra speed is very much appreciated aswell,
since it can become slow as hell then. Oh, and Sonyc does some nasty stuff
on 3.5MHz while playing Moonsound music... that'll probably improve too.

~Grauw

---