[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
Dear obsoletes,

We are proud to announce the development of ObsoNET, an Ethernet card for MSX.

We would appreciate your comments about your interest on ObsoNET,

Wow, this sounds great! Is there some site with more detailed (technical) information about your product? Like: is this a full compliant TCP stack (or ar some features left out, because of, for example, memory restrictions), what is the current (test card) transfer speed and what transfer speed do you think to accomplish with the 'final' card. Does it support things like DHCP, or how do configure it. Tell us more! :)))

You are mainly talking about the software. TCP stack, DHCP, it's all got to do with the software, and not as much with the hardware. In this case, Internestor (http://www.konamiman.com/msx/msx-e.html#internestor) is the most obvious choice.

About ObsoNET and transfer speeds, that is depending on the software, protocols used (if they can be and are implemented efficiently), and the hardware. The hardware in this case supports buffering and block-level transfers, so it should be fairly fast, and it could be sped up even a little more if they'd implement some kind of Sunrise IDE-like data port mapping. If the protocols you're using are on the same level of complexity as the DOS2 disk routines, and the interface's hardware allows for transfer speeds just as fast (which I think it will), then you should be able achieve an odd 200kb/s with this little toy :). However, that's just a very rough estimate. But I think the minimum you can achieve is certainly 50kb/s...

Ushiko-san!! Kimi wa doushite, Ushiko-san!!