Oh art is an outrageous misnomer. Craftless tat is good. The
depressing thing us how weedy and hollow most conceptual art is.
Amazing how much depth religious devotion enabled artists to acheive,
and how puny and inconsequential many current attempts at profundity
and symbolism are (Stand up Gilbert & George and their awesomely
banal anti-racist stuff). The other thing is the seperation from
drawing and painting skills - certainly it has allowed through art
made in other mediums but it hasn;nt half increased the fraudulent
stuff by making impact stand for depth. I was drawn to a typists
chair sawn in half (Damian Hirst) for all of a nanosecond. Tracey
Emin's new bedspread (yawn) looked like something a pop star would to
some worthy cause for a raffle. A guy dressed as a girl makes vases
with cocks and swastikas as part of the pattern. Poor us for living
in a time when such doodlings merit the reverential gallery show and
the celebrity of artists says the work is great. Good because it
gets people talking? PSo does Avian Flu.
Ah well, the next show is photographic portraits "including David
Bowie". Oh thats great then. They must be good.
Only the Hodgkin and the Freud paintings compare to my ride in
Chopwell at 11.00 am. Bedterget changed.
chris
r
On 8 Jan 2006, at 08:20, James Caufield wrote:
"art" is a very lose description of some of he craftless tat that
appears in
the Baltic
----- Original Message -----
From: "Chris Mearns" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Mountain Biking in the North East of the UK" <[email protected]>
Sent: Friday, January 06, 2006 11:01 PM
Subject: Re: [mtbne-l] this weekend
I'm going to get me some of that ART tomorrow. Jossi assures me we
had planned to go to the Baltic and the Laing tomorrow, the day
before the current exhibitions close, to see some art. Being
cultured and intellectual I obviously want to do this. I'm not some
single setting primitive who lives to ride mountain bikes, I'm an
evolved guy with a range of vibrant interests. No, I feel sorry for
you lot belting up to Inner and getting your "kicks" doing foolish
things on overpriced bikes.
I mean, who'd want to do that?
On 6 Jan 2006, at 21:22, Chris Mearns wrote:
I'm not being a wimp but I can't do Inners. Jossi, unreasonably
in my view, has reminded me of some committments and arrangements
on Saturday. I gave her a clip across the face, obviously, but she
does have a point. Enjoy lads!!!!!!!!!!
chris
Go on Chris, show us how it really is, and we can show Rob the
pictures of how it SHOULD be done!
From: "Phil Aitman" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Reply-To: Mountain Biking in the North East of the UK <mtbne-
[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "'Mountain Biking in the North East of the UK'" <mtbne-
[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: RE: [mtbne-l] this weekend
Date: Fri, 6 Jan 2006 20:43:15 -0000
phil, mark, iain, tommy and me are heading up to inners for
11.00-11.30 tomorrow if you fancy, it'll not all be big bike
heroics, well not from me anyway. 07801365378 if you fancy
Inners is superb really big no fireroad climbs and descents that
you can
make heroic if you want, but don't have too.
Great place...
_______________________________________________
mtbne-l mailing list
[email protected]
http://www.hexten.net/mailman/listinfo/mtbne-l
_________________________________________________________________
Are you using the latest version of MSN Messenger? Download MSN
Messenger 7.5 today! http://messenger.msn.co.uk
_______________________________________________
mtbne-l mailing list
[email protected]
http://www.hexten.net/mailman/listinfo/mtbne-l
_______________________________________________
mtbne-l mailing list
[email protected]
http://www.hexten.net/mailman/listinfo/mtbne-l
_______________________________________________
mtbne-l mailing list
[email protected]
http://www.hexten.net/mailman/listinfo/mtbne-l
--
No virus found in this incoming message.
Checked by AVG Free Edition.
Version: 7.1.371 / Virus Database: 267.14.15/223 - Release Date:
1/6/2006
--
No virus found in this outgoing message.
Checked by AVG Free Edition.
Version: 7.1.371 / Virus Database: 267.14.15/223 - Release Date:
1/6/2006
_______________________________________________
mtbne-l mailing list
[email protected]
http://www.hexten.net/mailman/listinfo/mtbne-l
_______________________________________________
mtbne-l mailing list
[email protected]
http://www.hexten.net/mailman/listinfo/mtbne-l