I decided to pop along on this ride, although I haven't been able to access my emither for the last coupla days and could only remember - 'Kirk Yetholm', 'Border' 'Elsdon' 'Sheep track not on the map' and '1PM'. So anyway, I got to Kirk Yetholm, found a spot to park near a pub - did they mention a pub? - at 1.25PM and the place was deserted of pushironers. However, a bike rack was spotted and I assumed they'd just left. I grabbed my map from the glove box and set off for England. After the first climb and descent it became apparent that there were two ways to get to England, following Cuthburt or the Penine Way. I went the Penine Way, met some walkers who said they hadn't seen any pushironers all day and came back and followed in the steps of Cuthburt. Upon striking the border ridge I realised there was a lack of bridleways to drop me into England. I had a quick look round and sneaked down a footpath. As I emerged from some trees I met some pushironers coming up hill the otherway. They were doing my loop in reverse and had left at 12. One was called Tom Miller (who he?), seems he knows Marc. We discussed our loops and went our seperate ways. I cracked on down to the College Valley, all the way up it, up a very boggy bridleway/slog to Scotland and dropped down the Penine Way (fab descent) back to the Kirk Yetholm). 'Tis only now that I realise that that fella I spoke too was the lad organising the ride.

Looks like they put their clocks forward two hours.

Ho hum,

Andy,

See yeas all on Wednesday.


From: "Jonathan Jones" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Reply-To: Mountain Biking in the North East of the UK <[email protected]>
To: [email protected]
Subject: RE: [mtbne-l] border ride
Date: Tue, 21 Mar 2006 19:06:22 +0000


I bet it takes more than 3 hours, unless the sun gets it`s shit together in the next few days, it`ll be a bit wintry on the tops!

From: Marc Fox <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Reply-To: Mountain Biking in the North East of the UK <[email protected]>
To: [email protected]
Subject: [mtbne-l] border ride
Date: Tue, 21 Mar 2006 17:17:10 +0000 (GMT)

Got this from Tam Miller - I can't do it this weekend
but I'd like to give it a go some time. Any one
familiar with this one??

<< Hello Folks To Celebrate the start of the lighter
nights , i intend riding my favourite loop in the
cheviot hills on Sunday 25th March.


It is a 3 hour loop with some very stiff climbs from
Kirk Yetholm Pub up Halter Burn To the Scotland
England Border(border ridge) ,drop down to elsdon farm
with a sheep track climb(not on any map) back up to
the border with a cracking descent back down to Kirk
Yetholm Pub.

Looking at a Departure from outside the Border Pub At
1pm

Anyone interested ?

a few pictures of the loop here
http://jeddartjusticetrails.fotopic.net/c659861.html

location here
http://www.multimap.com/map/browse.cgi?client=public&X=400000.67519692&Y=650000.566813029&width=500&height=300&gride=382816.67519692&gridn=628233.566813029&srec=0&coordsys=gb&db=freegaz&addr1=&addr2=&addr3=&pc=&advanced=&local=&localinfosel=&kw=&inmap=&table=&ovtype=&keepicon=true&zm=0&scale=500000&down.x=189&down.y=4


Tam Miller,
2 Howden Farm Cottages,
Jedburgh,
Roxburghshire,
Scottish Borders Region,
TD8 6QP
TEL 07966 788 494
P.s please check out my local trail "The Justice
Trail" www.jedforesttrails.org




___________________________________________________________
Yahoo! Photos – NEW, now offering a quality print service from just 8p a photo http://uk.photos.yahoo.com
_______________________________________________
mtbne-l mailing list
[email protected]
http://www.hexten.net/mailman/listinfo/mtbne-l

_________________________________________________________________
Are you using the latest version of MSN Messenger? Download MSN Messenger 7.5 today! http://join.msn.com/messenger/overview

_______________________________________________
mtbne-l mailing list
[email protected]
http://www.hexten.net/mailman/listinfo/mtbne-l


_______________________________________________
mtbne-l mailing list
[email protected]
http://www.hexten.net/mailman/listinfo/mtbne-l

Reply via email to