The girls at Newton Hut cannot find it in themselves to have a night's sleep, leaving me on Weasel Patrol next Wednesday night. I'm thinking this reflects their personal commitment at this critical period in the chick's development rather than alarm at the prospect of me sleepily crushing chicks underfoot while shooing away foxes. I'm doing a 12 hour shift 10 to 10 on Saturday instead - at which point I intend to start taking night pictures.

I'm aware this thread may be odd if you didn't catch the earlier installment.

Any road, there is a silver lining:
I can ride Rothbury next Wednesday (19th)
My mate Andrew Tarling leaves a meeting in Durham at 5 and will ride Rothbury with us at 6.30. He may not be as good as his wife (world champ vet xc) but he is not going to let me down. I expect him to suffer the fate of all good guest riders, to be ragged rotten by the fast ones, under the surface of friendliness and comradeship. Over to you Mr Jones (good ride today by the way. No slacking there).

Phil.  A lift awaits you on that day.


While I'm on, does anyone want a micra that is filthy and has 70,000 on the clock? As people know its ridiculously good and reliable even if it smells like a dead camel (2 years of WNR for you!) and it has full mot etc and its sold as seen. I'll take a botttle of first class malt for it.

chris
_______________________________________________
mtbne-l mailing list
[email protected]
http://www.hexten.net/mailman/listinfo/mtbne-l

Reply via email to