On Thu, Jul/17/2008 04:35:38PM, Jeff Squyres wrote:
> Here's a fun report (as of 17 July 2008):
>
>     http://www.open-mpi.org/mtt/index.php?do_redir=775
>
> Note that two of the rows are in the future.  :-)  (Absoft has since fixed
> the problem; ntp accidentally got turned off)
>
> Ethan and I talked about this a bit, and then Josh and I talked about it.
> Posting here to summarize everything:
>
> - It seems like a good solution for the moment is for submit.php to examine
> all the timestamps in a given submit and compare them to now().  Find the
> timestamp that latest in time, and compute x=latest_timestamp - now().  If
> x>0, then subtract x from *all* timestamps in the submitted data.  Then
> print a Big Hairy Warning on the client that their time is not coordinated
> with the server.
>
> - Josh thinks that we should have a larger conversation about how to have
> some values be regulated (e.g., MPI name, test suite name, etc.).  I agree
> -- classic case: some people call it "intel", others call it "intel suite".
>  They show up differently in the DB.  My $0.02 is that we should allow
> people to call it whatever they want in the .ini file, but then somehow
> ensure to submit the names all consistently (e.g., ini file has a map of
> "this ini section is reported as 'intel'"), and if the name is invalid,
> reject the data from the DB (or maybe put it in "quarrantine" so that it
> can be cleaned up and put in the main DB)?

It's a neccessity that the INI section naming be flexible.
E.g., I have intel-32 and intel-64 sections to test 32-bit
and 64-bit. Note, there's no way around this because the
Perl INI parser we're using does not allow duplicate section
names, and also, MTT constructs a scratch tree on the
assumption that each section has a unique name.

For "database text string regulation", there's also:

  http://svn.open-mpi.org/trac/mtt/ticket/7 (users should be
  able to delete or modify results from database)

-Ethan