On Thu, 2009-10-08 at 09:51 -0400, Ethan Mallove wrote:

> $ padb --verbose --debug=all --config-option rmgr=mpirun --full-report=6336
>   full job report for job 6336
>
>   Attaching to job 6336
>   mpirun resource manager requires pdsh to be installed
>   Use of uninitialized value in printf at padb line 729.
>   Use of uninitialized value in printf at padb line 729.
>   DEBUG (verbose):   0: There are 0 processes over 0 hosts
>   Fatal problem setting up the resource manager: mpirun
>
> I assume it's referring to the below "pdsh"?
>
>   http://sourceforge.net/projects/pdsh

Yes, you'll need to able to ssh freely around from the node where
padb/pdsh is running to all compute nodes as well.  For debian I had to
add "export PDSH_RCMD_TYPE=ssh" to my .bashrc to tell it to use ssh
rather than rsh.

Could you update to r283 as well, the "mpirun" resource manager is new
and I discovered this morning that it didn't like digits in hostnames.
As an added benefit it won't use pdsh or ssh if all processes are local.

Ashley,

--
Ashley Pittman, Bath, UK.

http://padb.pittman.org.uk