Excellent, I'll see if there is an easy way to discover the actual JSON
that is being sent.

--
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Mudlet
Makers, which is subscribed to Mudlet.

Title:
  GMCP chokes on ANSI

Status in Mudlet the MUD client:
  New

Bug description:
  Mudlet 2.1, Win7 x64

  I don't believe this is a duplicate of #1110243.

  It appears that mudlet fails to capture certain GMCP messages when
  ANSI sequences are embedded. An easy place to test this is on Aardwolf
  MUD. Create a new character, and from the starting room (the "recall"
  location) head 4 south. Note that this room sends gmcp.room.info just
  fine (as will all rooms with the default room name color). Now, step 1
  west. Note that the room name has a different color. Looking at
  gmcp.room.info, you will still see the info from the _previous_ room -
  Mudlet's GMCP has failed to capture the ANSIfied roomname string ( I
  confirmed with folks using other clients that the gmcp data is in fact
  being sent correctly).

  On this particular mud, there is a workaround available by doing a
  sendGMCP("rawcolor on"), and then parsing out the in-game custom color
  codes with a bit of string manipulation. However, others on the mud
  mentioned coming across similar issues on other muds that embed ansi
  sequences.