Someone else in IRC is running into this:

(07:28:03) Barastor: anyway to hand edit a mapper .dat file?
(07:30:54) Barastor: i've got 1000 or so rooms that exist with -1 for
areaid.  I just want to delete them at this point, but deleting them
individually crashes mudlet, moving them all to a new area and deleteing
the area crashes mudlet, etc

--
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Mudlet
Makers, which is subscribed to Mudlet.

Title:
  changing room area doeas not remove it from previous area rooms list

Status in Mudlet the MUD client:
  Confirmed

Bug description:
  version: Mudlet 3.0-rc1 compiled from repo
  OS: Arch Linux, newest.

  I think script and output will tell everything:

  lua script
  =====
  local newroomid = createRoomID();
  addRoom(newroomid);

  echo("Before adding new room to area\n");
  echo("Area 7 rooms:\n");
  display(getAreaRooms(7));
  echo("Area 8 rooms:\n");
  display(getAreaRooms(8));

  setRoomArea(newroomid,7);
  echo("\n\nAfter adding new room to area 7\n");
  echo("Area 7 rooms:\n");
  display(getAreaRooms(7));
  echo("Area 8 rooms:\n");
  display(getAreaRooms(8));

  setRoomArea(newroomid,8);
  echo("\n\nAfter adding new room to area 8\n");
  echo("Area 7 rooms:\n");
  display(getAreaRooms(7));
  echo("Area 8 rooms:\n");
  display(getAreaRooms(8));
  echo("^^^^^ I think this is bug, area 7 shoudn't have room
"..newroomid.."\n");

  echo("\n\nDeleting room "..newroomid.."\n");
  deleteRoom(newroomid);
  echo("Area 7 rooms now:\n");
  display(getAreaRooms(7));
  echo("Area 8 rooms now:\n");
  display(getAreaRooms(8));
  echo("^^^^^ this is even more serious bug, room is removed only from the last
area, non existing room still exist in previous area");
  =====

  OUTPUT:
  Before adding new room to area
  Area 7 rooms:
  {}
  Area 8 rooms:
  {}

  After adding new room to area 7
  Area 7 rooms:
  {
    [0] = 43
  }
  Area 8 rooms:
  {}

  After adding new room to area 8
  Area 7 rooms:
  {
    [0] = 43
  }
  Area 8 rooms:
  {
    [0] = 43
  }
  ^^^^^ I think this is bug, area 7 shoudn't have room 43

  Deleting room 43
  Area 7 rooms now:
  {
    [0] = 43