Desired solution: change label text to be a static and just say:
"sync?". The tooltip will explain more to the users.

--
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Mudlet
Makers, which is subscribed to Mudlet.

Title:
  Confusing UI option regarding sync in modules

Status in Mudlet the MUD client:
  Confirmed

Bug description:
  A person was confused by the statement in the 'don't sync' label -
  they thought clicking it would stop syncing, not realizing the label
  would self-change. I suppose that is not a clever idea then if people
  are confused about it.

  Changing the label not to change text and using the text "sync?"
  sounds like an option that is less confusing and the user in question
  agrees as well.

  (23:18:24) AUser: Your Mudlet is annoying me...
  (23:19:07) AUser: It doesn't want to save stuff to modules no matter what I
do.
  (23:21:10) AUser: Oh, nevermind, I see. Apparently the "don't sync' checkbox
doesn't actually disable syncing if checked, like common sense would entail. It
in fact enables it.
  [...]
  (06:04:40) AUser: It's a checkbox that changes its own label whenever
checked/unchecked. A bit confusing.
  [...]
  (06:06:42) AUser: Yeah, but to me it was "obvious" that leaving "don't sync"
unchecked would in fact make Mudlet save my stuff.
  (06:06:47) AUser: It didn't. Lost a whole hour of code.