So this is actually the same bug I just fixed for the pathfinding between
non connected rooms. Any reason you didn't just commit this to the github
repo?

On Sun, Dec 22, 2013 at 5:37 PM, Stephen Lyons
<1263...@bugs.launchpad.net>wrote:

> [...]
>
> I was getting fed up during debugging area and map code that I kept
> getting segmentation faults in the A* route finder if I clicked on rooms
> during usage of the 2D Map GUI.  It turns out that this is caused if
> there are no (usable) exits from the start room for route finding - the
> attached commit/patch checks for at least one unlocked route from the
> start room and bails out before the route finder is started - returning
> a false result to indicate the failure to find a route.
>
> Of course in practical usages rooms with no exits aren't much use in
> MUDs (death traps may not have a way out but unless you are an immortal
> that is the least of the problems for those type of rooms 8-( ), more
> likely is a room for which you have the ability to teleport to an
> unfixed and thus un-mappable destination.  Alternatively the triggering
> situation may occur during off-line map creation / editing.
>
> The patch - being from my current development source tree - may not
> match up on line number to the current Git version but as a single
> monolithic code block it should still apply with a bit of fuzziness to
> TMap.cpp .
>
> ** Affects: mudlet
>
> ** Patch added: "commit-967b26d"
>
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1263553/+attachment/3934501/+files/commit-967b26d
>
> --
> You received this bug notification because you are subscribed to Mudlet.
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1263553
>
> Title:
>   (double?)-clicking on room when start room has no exits causes seg.
>   faults in A* routine
>
> Status in Mudlet the MUD client:
>   New
>
> Bug description:
>   I was getting fed up during debugging area and map code that I kept
>   getting segmentation faults in the A* route finder if I clicked on
>   rooms during usage of the 2D Map GUI.  It turns out that this is
>   caused if there are no (usable) exits from the start room for route
>   finding - the attached commit/patch checks for at least one unlocked
>   route from the start room and bails out before the route finder is
>   started - returning a false result to indicate the failure to find a
>   route.
>
>   Of course in practical usages rooms with no exits aren't much use in
>   MUDs (death traps may not have a way out but unless you are an
>   immortal that is the least of the problems for those type of rooms 8-(
>   ), more likely is a room for which you have the ability to teleport to
>   an unfixed and thus un-mappable destination.  Alternatively the
>   triggering situation may occur during off-line map creation / editing.
>
>   The patch - being from my current development source tree - may not
>   match up on line number to the current Git version but as a single
>   monolithic code block it should still apply with a bit of fuzziness to
>   TMap.cpp .
>
> To manage notifications about this bug go to:

You received this bug notification because you are a member of Mudlet
Makers, which is subscribed to Mudlet.