FYI, given my job workload/etc, I had suspended doing any work on making Muldis D work for a few months. But as of now I've managed to get 2 solid weekends in a row in to work on it, at the same time as full-time job work. Hopefully this trend will continue.

At this rate I hope to have a running Muldis D compiler ready in about 3 months time.

If you want to see my current area of focus, where this month's work, and the likely next couple months, will be focused, see https://github.com/muldis/Muldis-D-Standard/commits/master which is the definition of Muldis D's standard library (types and routines) as well as the native syntax for writing code in it, because the language is homoiconic. The "Low_Level" component is unusually verbose because it is just self-defined and doesn't use most language features; the other components are more typical of the language. The "Source_Code" component (currently empty) is where data types representing nodes in the syntax trees are defined; this is a hybrid abstract/concrete syntax tree; you generally use it like an AST, which has all the important or behavior-affecting bits, but it also retains most concrete details as metadata, so original source can be generated/round-tripped (or equivalent code in other languages generated/parsed that brings over formatting as much as possible).

After that, I expect to get back to https://github.com/muldis/Muldis-D-Ref-Perl5/commits/master which is the Perl code to bootstrap the above as well as implement the virtual machine, whose design is inspired a bit by how Git works (multiple versions of a database state are retained at once; also, committing one's work and merging changes done by concurrent users are *separate* actions, and so users can more easily define a variety of concurrency behaviors or isolation levels etc).

The above places have some significant chunks but most of the important stuff is still missing, hopefully to be filled in during the next few weeks. My next intended area of focus is the Source_Code component.

-- Darren Duncan