Thank you for your response.  I am planning an event in Puerto Rico around the 
launch of a book I am publishing that is Englih/Spanish for the month of 
October and wanted to have 'Celebrate the Bilingual child month' be a focal 
point. Now that I know it's origin, I can include more in my plans.
Thank you again.
Joy Delgado
Laughing Zebra children books
A division of J.O.Y. Publishing
Check out what’s going on at the zoo!
http://zooprisepartyfiestazoorpresa.blogspot.com/
 



----- Original Message ----
From: Language Lizard - A. Forzani <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: [email protected]
Sent: Tuesday, June 17, 2008 3:23:53 PM
Subject: [munchkins] Re: Celebrating the Bilingual child month


In response to your question...
October is listed as Celebrating the Bilingual Child Month in Chase's Calendar 
of Events (the standard reference of holidays, events and anniversaries) .  It 
was initiated by Language Lizard several years ago as a month to recognize the 
many children who speak two or more languages and understand multiple cultures. 
 

By officially establishing this "holiday", we hope people will celebrate 
children who are learning (or speak) more than one language and see them as a 
wonderful asset to this country.
We (and others) have used this month as a springboard to write about and 
encourage early language learning, bilingualism and maintenance of heritage 
languages.

Kind regards,

Anneke Forzani

Language Lizard, LLC
"Inspiring Kids Through Language!"
[EMAIL PROTECTED] izard.com

www.LanguageLizard. com 


      

Reply via email to