-----------------------------------------------------------

New Message on MumbaiUserGroup

-----------------------------------------------------------
From: johnsonsmithy2k2
Message 3 in Discussion




  
    
    New Message on MumbaiUserGroup
  
  





      backward compatability of XSD Re:

    
  
    
      Reply

          
            
                
               
                  Reply to Sender
                    Recommend
                  
                  Message 2 in Discussion
                                                
            
          
        
                    
        
            
              From: 
              johnsonsmithy2k2
            
            
              

              


  
    
    New Message on MumbaiUserGroup
  
  





      backward compatability of XSD Re:

    
  
    
      Reply

          
            
                
               
                  Reply to Sender
                    Recommend
                  
                  Message 1 in Discussion
                                                
            
          
        
                    
        
            
              From: 
              johnsonsmithy2k2
            
            
              

              Kalyan:

       Sound Intersting. Is your schema constructed based upon the namespace 
'http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema'?  If so, it does not seem that 
your attribute is a valid attribute of a schema <attribute> tag.  (See 
specification 
http://www.w3.org/TR/2001/REC-xmlschema-1-20010502/#declare-attribute). The 
VAST schema model classes were constructed using an early version of  the 
specification for  'http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema'.  Some code  was 
introduced to enable some backward compatibility with earlier  versions of the 
schema, but no attempt was made to model the earlier  versions. Did we 
misinterpret something from the spec., or are you 
possibly referencing an earlier schema version?  Can you point to any  other 
published schemas that use the converntion from your post?  
When parsing XML schemas, VAST does not validate the contents against a 
'schema for schemas'.  Currently, the parser just attempts to map the 
information from the schema into model objects using the mapping spec 
defined in ..\xml\abtschem.map'.     

Thanx, 
Smith
----- Original Message ----- 
From: "Kalyana Sundaram" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Monday, July 20, 2005 6:31 PM


> Dear Sir,
> 
> 
> Can you please suggest me how to overcome with backward compatibility of xsd. 
>  
>I have created my own xsd where I have defined my own data type and also I was 
>validating in my xsd. recently due to some business logic change I need to 
>in-corporate some of new fields inside my xsd. but to my surprise when I am 
>adding those new fields and start validating them it fails even if when I am 
>just adding one element with data type as string and nilable to true, still it 
>throwing error saying "Invalid child element"  
>Any idea why I am getting the above error. you will highly appreciated.
> 
> 
> regards
> kalyan
> 
> 
>

          
        
      
          
  

    View other groups in this category.
  

  

      



          
        
      
          
  

    View other groups in this category.
  

  

      




-----------------------------------------------------------

To stop getting this e-mail, or change how often it arrives, go to your E-mail 
Settings.
http://groups.msn.com/mumbaiusergroup/_emailsettings.msnw

Need help? If you've forgotten your password, please go to Passport Member 
Services.
http://groups.msn.com/_passportredir.msnw?ppmprop=help

For other questions or feedback, go to our Contact Us page.
http://groups.msn.com/contact

If you do not want to receive future e-mail from this MSN group, or if you 
received this message by mistake, please click the "Remove" link below. On the 
pre-addressed e-mail message that opens, simply click "Send". Your e-mail 
address will be deleted from this group's mailing list.
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Reply via email to