-----------------------------------------------------------

New Message on MumbaiUserGroup

-----------------------------------------------------------
From: Mukesh_Patel
Message 1 in Discussion

Hi,   I am trying to setup VSS2005 using Http on my server. I am able to use 
the VSS successfully in Intranet Environment. But when i try to access the VSS 
from Internet, I am getting error. Below are the details of my setup.

Server Side
In Sourcesafe.ini
Web_Service = http://219.65.58.230/SourceSafe/VssService.asmx

In Web.Config
<appSettings><add key="C:\Helios" value="DatabasePath"/></appSettings>

Client Side
I have done the manual entry as you said in above for the Client Registraion.
Databases    :  \\219.65.58.230\Helios
Web Services:  http://219.65.58.230/SourceSafe/VssService.asmx

I am able to access the shared folder from the web. Like \\219.65.58.230\Helios

FYI: I am using Dialup for External IP address for now. So you will not be able 
to access this machine.
  
What error do you get?
Cannot contact the Visual SourceSafe Internet Web Service or cannot access the 
specified database. 
The server returned the following error code: 0x80072EE2
 
  
Which VSS build are you using?  
<o:p>Visual SourceSafe Version 8.0.50215.44
 </o:p> 
Do you have following records in srcsafe.ini?<o:p></o:p> 
DownloadVDir = VssDownload_db1<o:p></o:p> 
UploadVDir = VssUpload_db1
<o:p></o:p> 
<o:p>DownloadVDir = HeliosWebDownload
UploadVDir = HeliosWebUpload
Web_Service = http://219.65.58.230/SourceSafe/VssService.asmx

Its working fine in the local area. I am facing problem when i try to access 
from the internet. My Server is Windows2003 Domain Controller.
</o:p>
Please give me suggestion to get it working. 

Thanks,

Mukesh Patel  


-----------------------------------------------------------

To stop getting this e-mail, or change how often it arrives, go to your E-mail 
Settings.
http://groups.msn.com/MumbaiUserGroup/_emailsettings.msnw

Need help? If you've forgotten your password, please go to Passport Member 
Services.
http://groups.msn.com/_passportredir.msnw?ppmprop=help

For other questions or feedback, go to our Contact Us page.
http://groups.msn.com/contact

If you do not want to receive future e-mail from this MSN group, or if you 
received this message by mistake, please click the "Remove" link below. On the 
pre-addressed e-mail message that opens, simply click "Send". Your e-mail 
address will be deleted from this group's mailing list.
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Reply via email to