-----------------------------------------------------------

New Message on MumbaiUserGroup

-----------------------------------------------------------
From: SoftwareAkash
Message 1 in Discussion

 
All, 
 
I'm hosting a web site on Windows 2003 server as default web site. Same 
server is also hosting Windows SharePoint Server 2003 on another port. 
 
When I access WSS site, it works fine. But while accessing the default 
site from the same browser or without deleting the cookies, it throws 
the following message. 
 
Description: Request Validation has detected a potentially dangerous 
client input value, and processing of the request has been aborted. 
This value may indicate an attempt to compromise the security of your 
application, such as a cross-site scripting attack. You can disable 
request validation by setting validateRequest=false in the Page 
directive or in the configuration section. However, it is strongly 
recommended that your application explicitly check all inputs in this 
case. 
 
Exception Details: System.Web.HttpRequestValidationException: A 
potentially dangerous Request.Cookies value was detected from the 
client 
(Microsoft.Sharepoint.AcceptHeaders="...&pps=TRUE&one=FALSE&mpp=FALSE"). 
 
I cannot restrict Sharepoint from using Cookies for it's own purposes. 
Meanwhile I need to store few things like user authentication etc in 
the cookies.  Whenever I access the default site, after access the 
sharepoint site, it generates the error. 
 
How can I avoid? 
 
  
Thanks in Advance  
Akash

-----------------------------------------------------------

To stop getting this e-mail, or change how often it arrives, go to your E-mail 
Settings.
http://groups.msn.com/MumbaiUserGroup/_emailsettings.msnw

Need help? If you've forgotten your password, please go to Passport Member 
Services.
http://groups.msn.com/_passportredir.msnw?ppmprop=help

For other questions or feedback, go to our Contact Us page.
http://groups.msn.com/contact

If you do not want to receive future e-mail from this MSN group, or if you 
received this message by mistake, please click the "Remove" link below. On the 
pre-addressed e-mail message that opens, simply click "Send". Your e-mail 
address will be deleted from this group's mailing list.
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Reply via email to