Wesley.Reisz wrote:
Hello,
First, thanks to the many posters on this list. I've been lurking for
several days trying to solve some problems and have found this list
invaluable. I have been working on enabling the DoD/CAC card on Linux
(specifically, SUSE Linux Desktop 10--PreRelease).

I have been following some advice form Andrew P. and Edward K. on previous
CAC posts. I am having problems with pcscd and some (I believe) linking.
Here's what I've done.

Installed ccid-1.0.1 from http://pcsclite.alioth.debian.org/ccid.html (I also tried the GemPlus
drivers for SUSE version 1.2.4). Both times, I received the same result
below(1).

Verified I could talk to the device per Ludovic Rousseau's advice in an
earlier thread by running /src/parse (output is below). I've tried with a
Dell USB Keyboard--it is running a GemPlus Reader--and the ActivCard 2.0
Reader. Both have similar output and appear to be detected.

Installed pcsc-lite-1.3.1 and pcsc-tools-1.4.5. Running pcscd -f I receive
the output below (2). pcscd abbends and hangs several files open. The key
error message is:
pcscd: symbol lookup error:
/usr/local/pcsc/drivers/ifd-ccid.bundle/Contents/Linux/libccid.so.1.2.4:
undefined symbol: LTPBundleFindValueWithKey

The readme notes also from Ludovic Rousseau say:
do not use LTPBundleFindValueWithKey() from pcscd since this function has
been removed from pcscd API .

I'm stuck at this point. Where did I go wrong? Any Ideas?

I have tried this same procedure with the same results before and after
installing libmusclecard 1.3.3.
(One side note, Andrew P. in an email mentioned having muscletools_2.1.0-2
and muscleframework 1.1.5-5 installed before starting this procedure. Are
these required at this point? I haven't found good links.)

Thanks for any help you can provide.
Respectfully,
Wesley Reisz
Software Architect

Is the install prefix/lib directory in your ld.so.conf & ld.so.cache?
i.e. on a fedora core 4 machine:
$ cat /etc/ld.so.conf.d/usrlocal-i386.conf
/usr/local/lib

and ldconfig has been ran since the conf file was modified and libmusclecard.so installed?

======
(2)
======
pcscdaemon.c:259:main() pcscd set to foreground with debug send to stderr
pcscdaemon.c:464:main() pcsc-lite 1.3.1 daemon ready.
hotplug_libusb.c:407:HPAddHotPluggable() Adding USB device: 004:004
readerfactory.c:1095:RFInitializeReader() Attempting startup of ActivCard
USB Reader 2.0 (50302A3B) 00 00.
readerfactory.c:967:RFBindFunctions() Loading IFD Handler 3.0

--
Todd Denniston