Johannes Höier Sörensen schrieb:
I believe I have understood how to use GPShell to install a .cap file
on to a Nokia 6131 secure element.
But I wonder if it would be possible to do this not from a computer
connected to the phone, but from a midlet installed on the phone.

If it is possible, could anyone please give some directions on how to
use GPShell from a J2ME midlet on a mobile phone. If it's impossible
please reply with that so I can disregard this idea.

This is not possible without modifications. Look at the send method in GlobalPlatform.c of GlobalPlatform. E.g. this method defines how the APDU is send. You must replace it with a channel of your choice. Similar to connect and all other PC/SC functions. This should not be so difficult. If you can contribute a more flexible structure to use different channels, this would be fine.

Regards,
Karsten

Regards,
Johannes