Hi Peter,

Citando Peter Williams <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

> I would not expect a retail card to use public enc/mac keys, would you? Any
> phishing site could replace the security critical firmware, acting as card
> issuer.

I honestly didn't know what to expect, but that makes perfect sense.

This is my first contact with Java Cards. I've been messing around with PKCS #15
compatible smart cards; they all came with standard transport keys, even
Aladdin's eToken smart card, and I was able to initialize the card normally.

Nonetheless, your argument is perfectly sound; I've already contacted Aladdin to
know if they can (want to) help me with this issue.

Anyway, do you know any Java USB token that's "developer friendly"/Linux
friendly out-of-the-box?

Thank you for the insight.

Best regards,
Joao