On Fri, Jun 27, 2008 at 9:58 AM, Sihan Goi <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi,

Hello,

> I have in my possession 2 PCMCIA card readers - an Omnikey Cardman
> 4040 and a Gemplus GemPC Card. I'm not sure if either are CCID
> compliant, though Gemalto's driver download website seems to list CCID
> rpm drivers for the reader. I've also seen 1 other person on the
> MUSCLE list claim that the GemPC Card was CCID compliant, though he
> didn't get it working nor did anyone reply to his post. As for the
> Omnikey, I totally could not find any information about its support in
> Linux other than the driver page. Neither are listed in the supported
> reader webpage.
>
> So my question is are either of these card readers CCID compliant, and
> if not what needs to be done to support its use with pcsc-lite in
> Linux? My impression is that the processed is very involved and kernel
> dependent? I am quite a Linux newbie so the task sounds daunting.

The Gemalto GemPC Card Reader is listed in [1]. This reader is seen as
a serial reader by the host. So it is not really CCID compliant but
use the CCID protocol over an ad-hoc serial protocol.

Install and configure the serial reader and your PCMCIA reader should work.
See INSTALL file [2].

bye

[1] http://pcsclite.alioth.debian.org/ccid.html
[2]