esunilkumare schrieb:

Thanks Karsten...

I followed your instructions and i am successful in installing the source. But by 'INSTALL', what i misinterpret is making the GlobalPlatform DLL from
the source.
But after completion of this 'INSTALL' step, i came to know that the source
got installed as a libGlobalPlatform.a in \usr\local\lib folder.
Please help me by giving me the procedures for making DLL file from the
GlobalPlatform Source.

Like I mentioned, there should be problems under cygwin. If you need a Windows DLL like you want install the free tools offered and read the file Install.w32. I'm still working the get a dll also under cygwin but there seem to be some library reference problems. So, this is an open issue which I will fix in some time. Why do you need to compile it under cygwin and not with usual Windows means?

Regards,
Karsten

Sunill

Karsten Ohme wrote:
esunilkumare schrieb:
Hi all,

I have downloaded GlobalPlatform5.0.0 source from sourceforge, downloaded
and installed Cygwin. I went thru the readme, install files on GP5
folder.
But it seems very confusing to me, since i am not so familiar with unix
environment. I need the complete, detailed installation and compilation
steps for GlobalPlatform5.0.0 under Cygwin. If anyone can give the
step-by-step procedure for doing the same, it will be great.

Thanks and regards,
Sunil
Should be mentioned in the INSTALL file:

But why not use the Windows specific build instruction? I fear you won't get a usable dll from the cygwin installation. See the file Install.w32.

by the way the version 5.0.0 is in development, should work but things will change.

Regards,
Karsten

GlobalPlatform specific
=======================

This are the installation instruction for Unix or Cygwin under Windows.
For Windows use the Visual Studio files or the nmake-Makefile
Makefile.mak.

Apart from the instructions below which are worth reading, I would like
to emphasize the following parameters to the ./configure script.
If the configure file is not there you must run the script ./reconf

--enable-debug:

     If you need to get debugging output you must have built a debug
version
and enable the debugging by setting the environment variable
GLOBALPLATFORM_DEBUG=1. If you explicitly set a log file with
the environment variable GLOBALPLATFORM_LOGFILE, this log file will be
used.
The default log file is /tmp/GlobalPlatform.log. This must be writable for the user. But if syslog is available during compile time the defualt for debugging
statement is to get syslogged. Keep in mind that the debugging output may
contain sensitive information, e.g. keys!

--prefix=/...:

    Usually this points to /usr/local. This is the place the files will be
installed. On some system the default place for installation is different,
e.g. Debian uses just /usr. So specify an appropriate place for seemless
integration into your system.

Usually pkg-config should be installed and should find the compilation
requirements for PCSC-Lite. If this is not the case you must specify
PCSCLITE_CFLAGS=-I/... where the headers are located and PCSCLITE_LIBS=-L/...
where the library is located.

If something is missing configure should complain about the cause.

If you must regenerate the Makefile file you can use the following
command:

./reconf

You must have libtool (1.5.23a), automake (1.9.6), autoconf (2.61) and
pkg-config (0.21) installed. The version in parentheses are my used version.
Use compatible versions.

If you use Cygwin there are some special Windows specific requirements:

     You may have to install the w32api package.

configure has problems with pathnames with spaces. If you want to build it
install it into a directory with no spaces in the pathname.
The reconf script generates under Windows Vista files which are not accessible for the owning user. You should execute something like "chmod u+rwx " on all files
affected by this.

There is no port for Windows of PCSC-Lite. You must set WINSCARD_LIB_PATH
and PCSCLITE_H_PATH. WINSCARD_LIB_PATH must point to the path where
WinSCard.lib is located. PCSCLITE_H_PATH must point to the path where the
PCSC-Lite header are located. For convenience the include files for PCSC-Lite are
contained in the directory pcsclite-include. Use it.