The GemPC Card reader is basically a serial reader, so you have to add a file
in /etc/reader.conf.d/ with configuration details.  You don't need to install
Gemalto's drivers; the standard ccid/pcsc-lite packages work fine.  The third
question here describes what you need to do:

https://securehomes.esat.kuleuven.be/~decockd/wiki/bin/view.cgi/Installing/SmartCardReader

You can find out from /var/log/messages the DEVICENAME to use, and the LIBPATH
may be different than what you see there (the libccidtwin driver might have a
different version, and if you're running x86_64 rather than i386, the path
should be under /usr/lib64 rather than /usr/lib.  CHANNELID doesn't matter, it
just has to be there.

Hope this helps.

- David

Be Yourself @ mail.com!