says please select reader from the list.  If I hit enter, I get
segfault, if I type anything in, it doesn't recognize the reader.  I did
a gdb with backtrace and get:

#0 0xb7e2e463 in strlen () from /lib/tls/i686/cmov/libc.so.6
#1 0xb7f0c457 in SCardConnect (hContext=16996003,
   szReader=0x1000 <Address 0x1000 out of bounds>, dwShareMode=2,
   dwPreferredProtocols=4, phCard=0xbf9e1758, pdwActiveProtocol=0xbf9e12f8
   at winscard_clnt.c:745
#2 0x08048c50 in ?? ()

On a side note, I do have scriptor installed and can connect to the
smart card reader using scriptor.  It uses RAW protocol and comes up
says reading commands from STDIN.

Unfortunately, I don't know what commands to give it.  If you could
point me to the commands to read and write in raw mode, or where I can
find these commands, I would appreciate it.  Either help with the
segfault or the commands to read/write with scriptor in RAW mode would
be of great benefit to me.

Thank you for all of your help.

Wesley