I've released version 0.90 of the egate driver, available at [1].

Since there have been no updates to this driver in a few years and this version contains a few significant changes, this is a sort of pre-release version. It works for me, but hasn't been heavily tested under a wide range of conditions. If you use egate devices (cryptoflex or cyberflex, using the egate USB interface rather than some other reader), please give it a try and let me know if you run into any problems.

My intent is to do a hopefully small number of these 0.9x releases and then eventually release a stable version 1.0.

New in this version:

- This version is updated to support version 3 of the pcsc-lite IFD
 handler API, and works without modification with current versions of
 pcsc-lite and pcscd.  It will also work with older versions, with
 some reduction in functionality.

- Support is added for hotplugging using libusb on platforms where it
 is available, or using libhal on Linux.  Note that when libusb is
 used, you must arrange for something to run 'pcscd --hotplug' any
 time a new egate device appears on the USB bus, or it will not be
 detected.  Alternately, run pcscd with --force-reader-polling to
 force pcscd to poll for readers.  This situation may be improved
 in a future release.

- The driver is now capable of supporting multiple egate devices at
 once.

- This version has an improved build system using GNU autoconf and
 related tools.

[1] <http://grand.central.org/dl/software/ifd-egate/>

-- Jeffrey T. Hutzelman (N3NHS) <jhu...@cmu.edu>