2009/11/18 Emmanuel Deloget <e.delo...@amesys.fr>:
> Giuseppe "Gippa" Paterno' wrote:
>> On 11/15/2009 10:39 PM, Martin Preuss wrote:
>>
>>> Right, but what are we supposed to use for device enumeration?
>>> AFAIKI Ubuntu is using DeviceKit+udev (i.e. DeviceKit for device enumeration
>>> and information) for 9.10 and above...
>>>

>> As I work for Red Hat, I can tell you Fedora is going in that direction
>> (DeviceKit+udev), I can't spoke on behalf of Ubuntu/Canonical, but I
>> think all distros are going there.
>> Cheers,
>>   Gippa
>>
> So from now, I (well, the handler I wrote) also have to support
> DeviceKit too? That means even more dependencies, different packages for
> recent Linux distributions, different code path and so on ?

No. Your driver do not have to support HAL or DeviceKit or libusb or
any other plug-n-play infrastructure. That is the job of pcscd.

But your driver should interpret the device name passed in DeviceName
parameter of IFDHCreateChannelByName(). See [1]

> (ok, I'm a bit disapointed by all these "under-the-hood" moves).

Me too :-)

Bye

[1]
http://pcsclite.alioth.debian.org/api/group__IFDHandler.html#gabb9fe35a68fa080ce9397f0b830b1e7e