I guess this would be closest to what you’re looking for, but someone will have
to click that random button every N samples:

https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__u-2Dhe.com_products_protoverb_&d=DwIFaQ&c=009klHSCxuh5AI1vNQzSO0KGjl4nbi2Q0M1QLJX9BeE&r=TRvFbpof3kTa2q5hdjI2hccynPix7hNL2n0I6DmlDy0&m=qvHM_vtPMJdZLoSha9ET8e3L9HVaXPWMz3gsC7xZuzYYYGi0B_JfMOvK30VhVqER&s=WYeoZxEZCF8MJp5Us3XQbq9JXG4pxcr0RRZG4JgDYaQ&e=

Also, I would guess we’d to have interpolate every time a different tap is
chosen or else it might sound like gibberish?

KN