Isn’t there an old patent on time varying convolution by Focusrite? They used
it in a digital pre-amp, not sure of they ever ported it over to a plug-in. I
do some TVC in some plug-ins, but it doesn’t seem to be hot shit, in terms of
legal problems.
Regarding my patent, I’m just the inventor, it’s assigned to Apple. So, if
someone is going to sue you, it would be Apple. But my gut feel says me, that
Apple has better things to do then wrecking DSP developers.

Best,

Steffan