On Thu, Jul 14, 2011 at 9:22 PM, robert bristow-johnson
<r...@audioimagination.com> wrote:

>      g(t)  =  1/sqrt( (1+r)/2 + 2*(1-r)*(p(t))^2 )
>
> might this result match what you have?

Yes! I only derived the formula for the linear ramp, p(t) = t/2,
because one can get the other shapes by warping time and I didn't want
to bloat the cumbersome equations. With the linear ramp our results
match exactly.

> okay.  i would still like to "hunt" for a splice displacement around that
> quiet region that would have correlation better than zero

Sometimes you are stuck with a certain displacement. Think drum loops;
changing tau would change tempo.

> i think it's better to define p(t) (with the same restrictions as o(t)) and
> find g(t) as a
> function of r than it is to do it with o(t) and e(t).

I agree, even though the theory was quite elegant with o(t) and e(t)...

-olli