---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Andrew Simper <a...@cytomic.com>
Date: 24 April 2012 09:15
Subject: Re: [music-dsp] Audio Plugin Generator / rapid prototyping of
audio DSP algorithms
To: A discussion list for music-related DSP <music-dsp@music.columbia.edu>

I've never found graphic environments much help for programming DSP. I
notice you are using Juce for the plugin wrapper side of things, which
is where most of the hard work in getting a working plugin would be.

How about php binding inside a Juce plugin instead? That way you could
use scipy for both prototyping and making the final plugin. All of
this would then be free for non-commercial applications. You could
easily dynamically load the updated script based on the plugin
detecting when it is changed, and very rapidly prototype algorithms,
as well as do plots and other maths package type operations to see
what is going on. You could then even tie this into a web frontend for
realtime demos and do a bunch of other cool things.

All the best,

Andy
--
cytomic - sound music software