Yeah, those sure look like the same sonogram with just a little damping on
the left one. I doubt you'd get such precisely matching features even from
the same bird chirping twice! In fact I just analyzed the calls/claps on
Earl's page above. Even the two chirps from the same bird have more
variation than the Lubman sonogram...

Which isn't to say the basic idea is wrong, but that Lubman sonogram isn't
the real deal. Hopefully just a mistake.

best,
douglas