Moin Phil,

Thanks for the comments.

Regarding the Voss algorithm, the midrange peaks show indeed the strong aliased
terms of zero-order hold.

Regading the pk3 algorithm, I would love to see an implementation faster than
mine, but even with AVX SIMD, it
depends largely on the voodoo performed for generating the white noise input.

If there would be a faster SIMD implementation of pk3, my new algorithm has
still the advantage that it can
go very deep, only limited by the number of bits in your word/mantissa, with
almost no performance loss.
Think 50 octaves, fs=44100, then wait about 800 years for the first update of
the lowest octave.
For audio purpose this is nonsense, but there might be application where you do
want to go very low.

Stefan