Guys,

Yesterday I have found the REAL reason of my problem.

Of course all the discussion here did in fact help to find other issues. But
the reason I was hearing artifacts when modulating was because LFO value was
being read from a 2048 size wavetable…

I have generated a 441000 size wavetable to allow a 0.1 hertz of minimum
frequency and it is working like charm.

I still had a crackle and it was being somehow generated by the table
normalisation. This is an issue that I still have to investigate.

I also need to measure the differences between using interpolation or not
(audio quality vs overall performance).

Thanks for your help and comments they were really interesting.

Regards,

Nuno