Some of this all is amusing, like it's also an Aprils' fool
thing to mess up frequency and time domain, use symbols almost interchangeably, etc. I hope especially the serious EEs will return to the essence of the engineering profession and commit to a decent error analysis in this old and almost boring field to really contribute to (I mean seriously, Fourier transforms have been around a long time). I like some theoretical competition, but the faster boys (and girls) and the interesting workers in for instance audio applications appear to be way too interested in claiming small stakes and trying out an alternative to the normal long existing coverage of the subjects.

First year practicum, people, proper error analysis. For the others: the holy grail of DSP isn't so much there where a lot of people are searching, probably it's worth knowing that playing around with cepstrums and so on isn't going to be more (or less) interesting than it has been, it's ok, but extrapolating upward to some theory and corpus of superior work is really not going to yield many worth while results, besides some obvious and normal possibilities.

T V.