Dear Research community!
Dolby Laboratories' group in Beijing continues to expand. It would be great if
you could circulate the job specs below
to potentially interested people. We look for fresh grads as well as
experienced staff.

Research Engineer
(Voice and Signal Processing   Research)

Overview

Join the leader in entertainment and communication innovation and help us
design the future. At Dolby, science meets art, and high tech means more than
computer code. As a member of the Dolby team, you'll see and hear the results
of your work everywhere, from movie theaters to smartphones and enterprise
voice conferencing systems. We continue to revolutionize how people create,
deliver, and enjoy entertainment worldwide. To do that, we need the absolute
best talent, including insatiably curious engineers and scientists for our
advanced technology group. We're big enough to give you all the resources you
need, and small enough so you can make a real difference and earn recognition
for your work. We offer a collegial culture, challenging projects, and
excellent compensation and benefits.
This position is in the Research Organization of Dolby Laboratories
(www.dolby.com) and is located in Beijing, China. The position focuses on the
creation of voice and communication signal processing technologies including
the whole range of research from the underlying theoretical concepts to the
development of prototypes that provide a proof of concept. As a part of an
international team, the senior research engineer will work on ideas exploring
new horizons in the voice and audio processing, analysis, replay and
organization. The researcher is responsible for performing fundamental new
research, transfer technology to product groups, and draft patent applications.

We are looking for a self-motivated, highly talented individual interested in
applying his or her skills in technologies involving a fundamental
understanding of the way that sound sources (audio and voice) are captured,
manipulated, coded, delivered, enhanced and played back using digital signal
processing techniques. Applications include pre-processing such as noise
suppression and echo cancellation, coding and post-processing solutions in
market areas such as audio conferencing systems, consumer electronics, mobile,
broadcast, PC and other technologies crucial to Dolby Laboratories' success.
The position involves working in cooperation with other technology
developers/researchers within Dolby's global research network in Australia and
the United States, and the opportunity to propose new ideas for further
investigation. This requires efficient interactions which different functional
divisions within the company.

Education, Skills, Abilities, and Experience:
*      Master Degree/Ph.D additional relevant experience in an industrial is a
plus, but not required.
*      Demonstrated ability to create fundamentally new, novel (patentable)
signal processing technologies and algorithms
*      Proficient in advanced theory and application of signal processing
techniques
*      Highly skilled in C/C++ language and Matlab programming
*      Proficient in advanced theory and application of signal processing
techniques
*      Team-oriented work ethic and interest to work in cross-continental teams
*      Strong personal interest sound technologies and in learning,
researching, and creating relevant new technologies with high commercial impact
*      Independent, self-motivated worker requiring minimal supervision
*      Fluent in Chinese and English. Excellent communication skills

Strongly Desired

*      Experience with VoIP technologies as such network resiliency,
Quality-of-service,
          Speech enhancement, noise reduction
*      Experience working in a software development team, including software
version
            control
*      Experience in VoIP technologies, familiar with one of the components in
a typical
*      Good background in network programming
*      Real-time audio processing
*      Personal interest in audio and communications technologies
*      Strong mathematics