Okay, I'll quit this discussion. It's quite pointless anyways -
there's not very much you can do to improve the reconstruction of your
soundcard, at least nothing that would be as good as buying a better
sound card.

Also if you fail to notice that the current year is 2015, and the
rules you learned 20 years ago for 8-bit and 16-bit converters do not
necessarily apply for today's typical 24-bit converters (that usually
have several bits of noise in the lowest bits), then there's not much
point in the discussion, because you're speaking about imaginary
converters, and I'm speaking about real-world converters, so we will
never agree.

Good luck discussing this topic further.