Da: Andrew Leary <a...@korgrd.com>
Data: 25/07/2015  12:42  (GMT-08:00)
A: music-dsp@music.columbia.edu
Oggetto: Re: [music-dsp] The Art of VA Filter Design book revision 1.1.0

On Jul 25, 2015, at 12:25 AM, Marco Lo Monaco <marco.lomon...@teletu.it> wrote:

> Also you tell us that the delay free loop problem was initially faced in the
> 70s, which is something I didn't know. Do you have please any citation about
> it?

An important early reference is:
Szczupak, J. and Mitra, S.K., “Detection, Location and Removal of Delay-free
Loops in Digital Filter Configurations,” IEEE Transactions on Acoustics, Speech
and Signal Processing, vol. 23, issue 6, pp. 558-562 (1975 December)

See also the later paper by Aki Harma:
Härmä, Aki, “Implementtion of Recursive Filters Having Delay Free Loops,”
Proceedings of the 1998 IEEE International Conference on Acoustics, Speech and
Signal Processing, vol. 3, pp. 1261 – 1264 (1998 May)

and recently, these papers by Will Pirkle at University of Miami which have an
approach slightly different from Zavalishin.
Pirkle, Will, “Resolving Delay-Free Loops in Recursive Filters using the
Modified Härmä Method,” paper Number 9194, Audio Engineering Society Convention
137, 2014 October 8

Pirkle, Will, “Novel Hybrid Virtual Analog Filters Based on the Sallen-Key
Architecture,” paper Number 9195, Audio Engineering Society Convention 137,
2014 October 8

Also:
G. Borin, G. De Poli, and D. Rocchesso, “Elimination of delay-free loops in
discrete-time models of nonlinear acous- tic systems,” IEEE Trans. on Speech
and Audio Processing, vol. 8, no. 5, pp. 597–605, 2000

There are some other papers by Rocchesso and Federico Fontana in the early
2000’s

Andrew Leary
Korg Research & Development
a...@korgrd.com