I've tried to compose this mail from scratch, so there should be no strange (in my mail program) invisible tags left.

Anyhow, I was playing around a bit with an FPGA programmer tool called Vivado (from Xilinx), for use with the cheap ($99 and up) Zynq based Parallella board, and looked at he available freely usably IP blocks that can be automatically designed with it, and found this FFT computation block:

   http://www.theover.org/Musicdspexas/Screenshot_from_2015-09-21_16:57:02c.gif

which in the parameters on the other pages is set to 32 bit floating point as input format (it automatically picks 24 or 25 bits for phase data) and at a clock frequency available on the cheap little boards should have a 1024 sized FFT computation done in under 10 uS, which is pretty fast.

Now, these blocks aren't very easy to interface, but the fun of the (freely downloadable and usable) setup in this design package is that you can simply route wires between correspondign size inputs and outputs, so you could also make an audio frequency flow graph that can than be hardware compiled to fit in the FPGA part of the Zynq chip, addressable by the 2 ARM cores.

What would you do with that ?

T.V.