      From: Nuno Santos <nunosan...@imaginando.pt>
 To: music-dsp@music.columbia.edu
 Sent: Wednesday, 25 May 2016, 14:15
 Subject: Re: [music-dsp] Android related audio group / mailing list?

I have been testing DRC in 2 different Android devices: Nexus 9 (48000/128
buffer size) phone, Bq Aquaris M5 phone (48000/912) buffer size
Nexus 9 is a beast. I was able to run DRC with full polyphony (8 voices)
without any kind of glitch. The fake touches hack was essential to make this
happen. Without the fake touches hack I would hear glitches.Bq Aquarius M5 has
a very similar processor to Nexus 6P and I couldn’t have more than 2 voices
running without having some glitches.
All DSP code is C++. Reverb, Delay and Chorus represent half of the processing
effort the rest is for active voices. From my experiences I couldn’t see any
kind of effect in performance by compiling the code with NEON enabled. For
example, on my Bq phone for a 912 buffer size at 48000 my processing code would
take the following time with the following flags enabled:
-Os - ~5ms -O3 - ~5ms-Ofast - ~5ms-Ofast -mfpu=neon - ~5ms
No significant changes in performance with different flags. What kind of flags
are you guys using for your Android apps?
I don’t need to worry with this on iOS though. It simply works!
Regards,
Nuno Santos
Founder / CEO / CTO
www.imaginando.pt+351 91 621 69 62