Neat, I had never heard of this illusion before.

Nothing I've read mentions simply offsetting one of the channels with a
delay. Rather it sounds like one of the channels should have a 180 degree
phase offset in a narrow band around the target frequency, implemented via
an an allpass filter. This looks like a pretty readable presentation:

http://traktoria.org/files/sonar/binaural-listening/implementation_of_Huggins_binaural_pitch.pdf

-Ethan