Ethan ---

If we use only a binary search in the discard step, isn't the amortized
complexity still O(N)?  I suppose not...  We'd be doing a log2(w) search
every sample in the worst case where a monotonic decrease occurs.

I'll have to look over the paper to get a better understanding, but would
be very interested to hear your thought process with the partial linear
search.

– Evan Balster
creator of imitone <http://imitone.com>