>> On 05 Aug 2016, at 5:40 , robert bristow-johnson <r...@audioimagination.com> wrote:
>>
>> []
>>
>> 5. how is this question different from the FIR brickwall LPF design question for polyphase interpolation?
>
> For BLIT, these sub-sample delayed grains are usually integrated to get a saw/square/pwm signal.

i thought that you integrated the pulse train in real time. but i dunno. that's how i imagined BLIT was done.

When you integrate your BLIT you supress the absolute level of the aliasing by -6dB/octave with the rest of the signal. Though Ross was talking about BLEP where you integrate offline, then you have the aditional roll-off before sampling.

So it's less aliasing either way?

Anyway, @ Ross, regarding the question whether 150 sample grains is long or short,
it's short if it's oversampled and long if it's not oversampled.
For comparison: we had to use only 4 samples for oscillator-synch transitions in a project...

If you want alias-free you should also (and maybe foremost?) look into "sinc M" in the paper you linked (Section 3.7). Basically a slightly squeezed truncated sinc that fits in your period seamlessly. This makes your design questions obsolete but has it's drawbacks with synch etc.