TL; DR

A high-pass filter? The first and second derivatives could be easily enough
described with first and second-order feedback filters, respectively, but
once you start fitting that stuff into DSP terminology, then you might as
well make a low-order high-pass filter that has the characteristics you
desire.

If you're looking for the time of the peak, I've had a lot of luck by
taking the time (or index) of samples weighted by their values. This
produces surprisingly high accuracy. I'm sure very mathy person will tell
me why that is mathematically inaccurate, and some other mathy person will
probably tell them that it is approximately correct to some precision
criteria...