Am 24.09.2016 um 07:29 schrieb Ross Bencina:

I'm guessing it depends on whether you have an analytic method for generating the minBLEP.

It's because the minblep is asymmetrical and has a lag I'd say.
That lag and asymmetry shifts the transition and introduces dc offset.
Also with the minblep you still need some look-ahead to shift it in time so it's not that much of an advantage.
(IIRC you still get that offset when you shift the blep)

Some people seem to use strange asymtrical bleps where the transistions starts immediately but I dont know what they are doing.
Maybe someone on this board (cough) can shed some light on this... ;)
Some of Native Instruments Reaktors built-in oscillators also use a strange blep which doesn't seem to do much