Thomas,

you could try https://github.com/mangledjambon/drumbooth to separate
sinusoidal and impulse-like parts of sounds, and then do your additive
analysis on the sinusoidal part only. The deconstruction is based on Derry
FitzGerald HARMONIC/PERCUSSIVE SEPARATION USING MEDIAN FILTERING, Proc. of
the 13th Int. Conference on Digital Audio Effects (DAFx-10), Graz, Austria
, September 6-10, 2010,
http://dafx10.iem.at/papers/DerryFitzGerald_DAFx10_P15.pdf .

-olli