From: music-dsp-boun...@music.columbia.edu
<music-dsp-boun...@music.columbia.edu> on behalf of gm <g...@voxangelica.net>
Sent: Monday, January 29, 2018 1:29 AM
To: music-dsp@music.columbia.edu
Subject: Re: [music-dsp] Clock drift and compensation

diff gives you the phase step per sample,
basically the frequency.

However the phase will jump back to zero periodically when the phase exceeds
360°
(when it wraps around) in this case diff will get you a wrong result.

So you need to "unwrap" the phase or the phase difference, for example:

diff = phase_new - phase_old
if phase_old > Pi and phase_new < Pi then diff += 2Pi

or similar.

Am 28.01.2018 um 17:19 schrieb Benny Alexandar:
Hi GM,

>> HT -> Atan2 -> differenciate -> unwrap
Could you please explain how to find the drift using HT,

HT -> gives real(I) & imaginary (Q) components of real signal
Atan2 -> the phase of an I Q signal
diff-> gives what ?
unwrap ?

-ben