My modular synth software now has a wavetable oscillator.

This video shows the editor, which has some of the features of a paint
program to allow you to simply paint harmonics and get instant audio
feedback.

I'm curious if this is novel, or whether it's pretty common.  Here it is in
a no-talk-all-action intro video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3kxpC78CSbA

The oscillator itself is mundane, but I'll detail it as it's closer to this
group's raison d'etre than the editor is.

Internally it uses the harmonics painted on the GUI to create a set of
bandwidth-limited (BWL) versions of each wave in the wavetable.  Parameters
for doing so (eg, oversampling, how many high frequency harmonics can be
cut, etc.) are under a patch's control.

When reading wavetables from other authors/synths, which seem to always be
in WAV PCM format, it does a DFT to generate the harmonic spectrums for
each wave, then continues as above.  The input WAV file's contents are not
actually used directly.  So, even if the input is a lo-fi 128-sample
waveform, the oscillator will deliver BWL, aliasing-free results from 20Hz
to 20kHz by default.