Am 19.05.2018 um 20:19 schrieb Nigel Redmon:
Again, my knowledge of Melodyne is limited (to seeing a demo years ago), but I assume it’s based on somewhat similar techniques to those taught by Xavier Serra (https://youtu.be/M4GRBJJMecY)—anyone know for sure?

I always thought the seperation of notes was based on cepstrum?
My idea is that a harmonic tone, comb like in the spectrum, is a peak in the cepstrum. (isn't it?)
Probably then you can also track pitch by following a peak in the cepstrum.
Not sure if this makes sense?
I never tried Melodyne in person so I am not sure what it is capable of.