Hello Alex,

The period is 1 / frequency. I think what was confusing is you said that
the pitch was 5 milliseconds. Pitch is normally described either in Hertz
or in semitones.

Also the buffer size that you are referring to is a single buffer used for
reading or writing the audio data. That is not the total size of the
sample. The buffer size use for reading and writing should not affect the
signal processing algorithm because you are basically processing one sample
at a time anyway. You can collect the samples into blocks of data if you
need to. but that is independent of the input output buffer size.

Most smart phones including Android should be fast enough to implement this
algorithm. It should be possible. You might want to start with just reading
a WAV file in, processing the data, then writing a WAV file out.  Separate
the reading and writing of the file from the processing algorithm. Then
when you have it working you can just port it to Android.

If you have Android specific questions about the Android APIs then please
use the Android mailing list. If you have mathematical questions about DSP
then this is a better mailing list.

Phil Burk