Pure Data ?
puredata.info

On Thursday, 14 June 2018, 17:08:30 BST, Dave Carpenter
<dcarpenter...@gmail.com> wrote:

Can anyone recommend some simple software available that would allow me to
attach a MIDI keyboard controller to my Windows PC and play individual .wav
files that I provide for each note? Like C4.wav, C#4.wav, D4.wav, D#4.wav,
etc or similar. I'm thinking of virtual instrument, VST, or similar, but it
doesn't have to be. I need the player to instantly recognize updated .wav
files. They will be generated by my external program. I need to be able to
tweak some parameters, re-generate the .wav files, and play and hear the
results quickly without having to go through a lot of extra steps for each
revision. This is the requirement that makes it hard to find a solution.
Thanks for your ideas.  --Dave